8/30/09

LOVE THOSE BABYCAKES


For those of you who do not know, I have been living in NYC for the last two weeks which is why I have been missing in action. I have not moved here, this is a visit and it has been amazing! Boy do I ever have a ton to post now.

I am pretty sure most of you have heard of BABYCAKES NYC from somewhere. But, if you do not know of this fun sweet place, it is in the East Village on 248 Broome St between Orchard and Ludlow Streets.
I had to go gluten free a long time ago and I am also vegan so this place suits me well. Plus, they have agave instead of refined sugars. Agave is an all natural, low-glycemic sweetener derived from a cactus. YUM!!! Kind of like honey but not really.

Babycakes just blogged today that donuts are the new cupcake. Apparently they have a vegan gluten free agave sweetened donut. I am not a huge sweets person but if you are, proceed with caution. It is tasty!

(photo above: BABYCAKES NYC website)