11/24/09

HANDMADE NEW ENGLAND GIFT LIST by ECO WRITER VICTORIA KLEIN






Allow me to introduce my guest writer and dear friend, Victoria Klein. Victoria is a fabulous person and a very talented published writer. She wrote an article about me in last November's issue of Yoga Journal.

Victoria is sharing her New England Handmade Holiday Gift List. Thank you Victoria!

Illustration above by Tara Hogan, INK+WIT

....................................................................................................................................................

Ahoy fellow Ink+Wit fans! My name is Victoria Klein & I’m a eco/healthy living writer, blogger, hobby photographer, long-time yogi, and author of the upcoming of 37 Things to Know About Yoga.

Tara has blessed me with the chance to share my quirky finds & perspectives with you as a guest blogger. I hope you enjoy my first post, featuring handmade holiday gifts from my current home - New England.


(1) DENDRITE BROOCH (Massachusetts)A truly unique & intriguing stainless steel brooch inspired by “the aggregate growth of coral and dendrite crystals.” It can be worn at any angle or orientation.
$50

(2) SET OF 2 WHITE GOURD BOWLS (Rhode Island)
Modeled after gourds from French Guiana, both bowls are perfect for fruits, nuts, spices, or jewelry.
$40

(3) NOVA MOBILE IN TROPICAL BLOOM (Massachusetts)
This beauty is available in numerous color collections, but this one in particular caught my eye. All of Wonderland Studio’s creations are modeled after astronomical entities & can be hung anywhere in your home (babies can’t have all the fun, no?).
$56

(4) CUPCAKE KEEPSAKE BOX IN CHERRY WOOD (New Hampshire)
An adorably quaint container for your bedside, made from solid cherry wood & hand-rubbed with oil to highlight the natural grain.
$45

(5) LITTLE WOOL HOUSE NO 1 (Maine)
This charming domicile is made from recycled wool suits, plus organic cotton thread and stuffing. Other than being painfully cute & a great year-round decoration, part of the house’s cost benefits the Maine Centers for Women, Work and Community.
$66

(6) TUFTED TITMOUSE IN SNOW 7x7 PRINT (Maine)
My heart is aflutter for this photograph (pun intended). Maybe if I hang this gem in my living room, I can evoke some hearty snowfall.
$24

(7) LARGE VEGAN WEEKENDER IN GOLDEN BROWN & BUTTERNUT (Massachusetts)
I carry a Pansy Maiden purse daily & have been lusting over adding another one of her canvas creations to my arsenal. This particular tote is truly large enough for a quick weekend trip or those uber-busy, heavy-toting weekdays.
$85

(8) SUSTAINABILITEE “PARADISE” V-NECK TEE (Maine)
Simple designs hand-printed on eco-friendly fabrics make for one very swank t-shirt collection. Add in the fact that each design supports a particular charity & you’ve for a recipe for sustainable style.
$43

(9) SET OF 4 BROWN/BLUE LEAF-PRINT COASTERS (Vermont)
There’s nothing like a cute set of colorful cork-bottom coasters to brighten up your day (and protect your furniture).
$9